April in May








I meant to get these photos up two weeks ago, but I suppose I was too busy admiring everything popping up all over our Minnesota yard. We've lived in our new house for just over a year now, and it amazes me how much I don't remember seeing last spring, but also how much more familiar everything feels. It has been an exhausting year in many ways, but my dear my dear my goodness oh my, does all this green and new and colorful make my entire being come alive.

Photo notes (more for me than anyone; I really am learning!): 
-- Blue-purple flowers: Siberian squill (early to mid April)
-- White flowers: Bloodroot (early to mid April)
-- Purple flower: Periwinkle/Vinca Minor groundcover (late April)
-- Leaves on the trees: (April, April, April, Hallelujah)

And happy belated Mother's Day!

Comments

  1. Simply beautiful nature photos. Love all of the close-up detail. You have a poet's eye even in photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They blend into each other sometimes, don't they. Thanks, Audrey!

      Delete
  2. Emily: This is a nice, close-up view of a vibrant spring. I especially like the contrast of the Siberian squill against the birch. Enjoy the explosion of life as May unfolds in all its splendor. Happy Mother's Day to you.
    ~Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of the Siberian squill. What is a squill? I wonder. I'll find out. The flowers generally are so beautiful, and quite different from anything I'm seeing just now. Viva la difference! and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Great name. I will look for the fruit of your discovery in one of your upcoming posts... :)

      Delete
  4. I have been trapped inside for two days thanks to scorching, triple digit temperatures, so I appreciate you bringing spring to me. :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trapped inside for two days thanks to scorching, triple digit temperatures, so I appreciate you bringing spring to me. :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Boy

Sliding Doors: One Last Glance Toward Europe